- School of History and Sociology
Garrett's interdisciplinary research and teaching interests include a range of sub-disciplines in sociology and science studies including environmental sociology, posthumanism, and social theory. Drawing on his prior professional experience in the recruiting industry, Garrett is currently developing a career workshop course for undergraduates in the Ivan Allen College. The career workshop will be offered for credit in spring 2018. Garrett has also taught introductory social problems courses. In addition, he has a number of manuscripts in preparation.
- MA in Sociology from Ohio University, Athens, Oh.
- BA in Sociology and Economics from Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, Pa.
- "Assembling Microwaves, Families, and Capitalisms : The Diffusion of Microwave Cooking Technology in the U.S." 2016. Third Place. Georgia Tech Research and Innovation Conference. $1,500.
- President's Fellowship. 2016 through 2020. Georgia Tech. $20,000