You love being an HTS major. You want more students to know about HTS. You love being creative. Do these sentences describe YOU?
If so, enter the SCHOOL OF HISTORY AND SOCIOLOGY VIDEO CONTEST. We are looking for individuals or teams to produce a video on what’s awesome about HTS. The first place winner(s) will receive $500 and the second place winner(s) will receive $250.
Here are the rules.
- The video must be made by undergraduate students. Students can work individually or in teams. At least one member of the team must be an HTS major in order to qualify.
- The video can be no longer than two minutes and must be in one of the following formats: MOV, MP4 (MPEG4), AVI, or WMV.
- The video cannot include any profanity, sexual innuendo, or language that is disparaging to any group.
- The subject matter of the video can include such topics as: why you like the HTS major; what’s great about being a history and sociology student at Georgia Tech; interesting things that you’ve learned, classes that you’ve taken, or projects that you’ve worked on. The intent of the video is to raise interest about the HTS major at Georgia Tech. We encourage you to think broadly and outside the box, since entries will be partially judged on creativity!
- The videographer(s) must give the School of History and Sociology permission to release their video on the HSOC website, YouTube, Facebook, or other social media venues.
- For videos produced by a team, prize money will be split between team members.
Need to borrow a video camera? The library has video cameras and lots of other gadgets available.
Entries are due by October 31, 2016. Email the video or a link to it to firstname.lastname@example.org.