- School of History and Sociology
Hall has spent her career at environmental consulting firm NewFields, based in Atlanta, investigating the environmental impacts of historical industrial practices. That research is typically aimed at understanding contaminant fate and distribution and historical standard of care to serve the purposes of both optimizing remedial strategies and allocating liability.
Her primary research interest is the ways in which evolving environmental science has shaped technological change, particularly in the case of synthetic chemicals such as per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, as well as the management and disposal of waste.
- M.S. Library and Information Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. English, Guilford College
- Agriculture, Health, and the Environment
- History of Technology/Engineering and Society
- U.S. Society and Politics/Policy Perspectives