The Sports, Society, and Technology (SST) Program and Research Alliance seek to create interest and increased visibility for the interdisciplinary study of sports at Georgia Tech.
This interdisciplinary program is housed in the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts and is administrated through the School of History and Sociology. We offer a 15-hour undergraduate SST minor with high-quality courses and support and promote Georgia Tech faculty research related to sports.
SST Course Offerings
Our course offerings bring together sports studies, science and technology, and urban studies, incorporating faculty from across campus in areas ranging from architecture, public policy, and applied physiology to economics, history, and sociology.
Spring 2023 SST Courses
- HTS 3089, Science, Technology & Sport, Mario Bianchini
- HTS 4813: Sports Law and Public Policy, Professor Bruce Siegal
- HTS 3073 Sociology of Sports, Professor Mary McDonald
- BIOS 2500 Introduction to Sport Science, Professor Mindy Millard-Stafford
- MSE 3300 Materials Science and Engineering of Sports, Professor Jud Ready
- INTA 3242/8803, Soccer & Global Politics, Professor Kirk Bowman
- HTS 3022, Gender and Sport, Professor Mary McDonald
- HTS 2015 History of Sports in America, Professor Johnny Smith