The following tabs contain information for current HTS majors or those taking HTS classes.
History, Technology, and Society (HTS) majors are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor to plan schedules, verify degree requirements, and develop an overall plan of study.
The advisor can also offer guidance about study abroad and research opportunities, internships, careers, and a wide range of other issues.
Dr. Amy D’Unger (Old Civil Engineering Building, Room 105, 404.894.7448) advises all undergraduate HTS majors, minors, and certificate earners. She also handles all change of major, readmission requests, and transfer credit evaluations.
APPLY TO GRADUATE
Time to graduate? Great! Read and follow these instructions carefully and you'll be all set.
ALL STUDENTS WHO WANT TO GRADUATE MUST FILE AN ONLINE APPLICATION FOR GRADUATION (OAG). Information on the OAG and how to file it can be found on the registrar's website.
Here are the steps that you need to follow. Please note that this system relies on YOU to be responsible for following through with all the steps.
1. Complete the OAG via OSCAR (OSCAR> Student Services & Financial Aid> Student Records> Apply to Graduate). If your major is listed incorrectly or you have a declared minor that is missing, STOP IMMEDIATELY and email the Office of the Registrar Degree Certification team at dc [at] lists.gatech.edu. If you have a minor that's not yet declared, schedule an appointment to do that.
2. Once you hit "submit," continue on to the Georgia Tech Exit Survey, using the link provided.
3. Schedule an advising appointment with Dr. D'Unger at gatech.gradesfirst.com. Here are the deadlines by which to do this:
- FALL GRADUATION: August 15th
- SUMMER GRADUATION: May 1st
- SPRING GRADUATION: December 15th
4. Access the online HTS post-graduation contact form and the HTS undergraduate exit survey (see links below). PLEASE COMPLETE BOTH FORMS.
IN SUM, YOU MUST:
- complete the OAG,
- fill out the Georgia Tech exit survey,
- have an advising appointment with Dr. D'Unger, and
- complete the online HTS contact form and HTS exit survey.