- School of History and Sociology
I am Ling-Ming Huang from Taiwan. I got my BA degree on Humanities and Social Sciences focusing on sociology and cultural studies in National Tsing Hua University (NTHU), Taiwan in 2007, and then my master degree on sociology at the same school in 2011. My master thesis discusses the early development history (1977-1996) of Taipei Metro which is Taiwan's first metro system in our country's capital city Taipei. During grauation from NTHU and entering HSOC at Georgia Tech, I served as a substitue civil serveiceman in Bureau of Social Affair, Taichung City Government for one year and then an user reseacher in an ICT corporation helping a new start-up cloud service department for its service products. My recent research insterst is the relationship between Taiwan-America relationship and Taiwan's mass transportation development after WWII, so I would like to combine the perspective of history of technology and the one of history of diplomacy to study this issue.
- MA on Sociology, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- BA on Humanities and Social Sciences, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- History of Technology/Engineering and Society
- Modern Global History/Science, Technology, and Nationalism
- Science and Technology Studies
- Asia (East)
- Religion and Politics
- Science and Technology