News: Changes to the Spring 2021 Academic Calendar
Posted October 4, 2020
A number of changes have been made to the Spring 2021 calendar to maximize the health and safety of the GT community.
To minimize the health risk to the GT community due to travel-related transmission, there will not be a weeklong Spring Break, and the first day of classes has been delayed to Thursday, Jan. 14. To allow students the opportunity for a mid-semester break from instruction, no classes will be held (also no assignments or assessments due) on Tuesday, March 16, and Wednesday, March 24. The dates of final exams have not been changed.
The key dates of the Spring 2021 academic calendar are:
- Thursday, Jan. 14: Classes begin
- Monday, Jan. 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Day (national holiday)
- Tuesday, March 16: No classes, assignments, or assessments
- Wednesday, March 24: No classes, assignments, or assessments
- Monday, April 26 – Tuesday, April 27: Final instructional class days
- Thursday, April 29 – Thursday, May 6: Final exams
Students will have the same number of instructional days as a typical academic semester and as required by accreditation norms. The Faculty Executive Board, acting on behalf of the Academic Faculty Senate, has approved these changes, as required by the Faculty Handbook.
Other relevant dates for spring include:
- Monday, Nov. 2: Schedule of classes for Spring 2021 available.
- Monday, Nov. 9: Phase 1 registration time tickets begin.
- Monday, Jan. 11 – Tuesday, Jan. 12: FASET orientation for incoming first-year, transfer, and exchange students.
Dates, schedules, and details for housing and related services, graduate student hiring, and Graduate Institute Orientation, are also being revised to reflect these changes and will be announced as soon as they are available.