- School of History and Sociology
Garrett's research and teaching interests include science and technology studies (STS), Human-Animal Studies (HAS), biopolitics, environmentalism, migration and social theory. He is intrigued by issues of power, difference, and subjectivity. His writing and research has appeared in journals including Humanimalia, Configurations and Qualitative Health Review. He has taught courses including Introduction to Sociology and Social Problems.
- MS in History and Sociology of Science and Technology from Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Ga.
- MA in Sociology from Ohio University, Athens, Oh.
- BA in Sociology and Economics from Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, Pa.
- President's Fellowship. 2016 through 2020. Georgia Tech. $20,000
- HTS-4811: Special Topics
- IAC-4811: Special Topics in IAC