Students may choose courses in such areas as Modern European and American Economic, Social, and Industrial History, Southern History, African- American History, the History of Technology, and other topical or comparative areas.
- Twelve hours of HTS history courses, approved by the School.
- Nine of the twelve hours must be at the 3000 level or above.
- Three hours taken outside of history may be counted toward the certificate, with approval of the School.
- All courses must be taken on a letter-grade basis, and a grade of C or better must be received in each course.
- Students majoring in HTS may not earn a certificate in history.