Students may choose courses in areas such as the Sociology of Development, Technology and Society, Sociology of Work and Industry, Politics and Society, Social Issues and Public Policy, Gender and Society, and the Sociology of Science, among other topics.
- Twelve hours of HTS sociology courses, approved by the School.
- Nine of the twelve hours must be at the 3000 level or above.
- Three hours taken outside of sociology may be counted toward the certificate, with approval of the School.
- All courses must be taken on a letter-grade basis, and a grade of C or better must be received in each course.
- Students majoring in HTS may not earn a certificate in sociology.
- For more information on the certificate in Sociology, email the Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies. You can also schedule an advising appointment using the online appointment scheduler.